Current Version: 0.7
Requires Android: 4.0 and up
Save / Restore Settings.
Office of gestures (svaypy, etc.)
The choice of number of workspaces and customizable grid
The circular, elastic scrolling (the desktop application menu)
The effects of the scroll (the desktop application menu)
Customizable scrolling LED (desktop application menu)
On / off background transparency in the application menu
On / Off change the screen orientation
On / Off Scroll Wallpaper
On / Off Google-bar
On / Off status bar
On / Off display of applications (desktop applications menu)
Lock your desktop (by adding new and old moving objects, as in GO Launcher EX)
All / Downloaded / Widgets tabs in the application menu
Sorting applications (name, date of installation, frequency of use)
Adding widgets from the application menu (must be installed as a system) or with a dialogue on the desktop
Resize all widgets
Apex Launcher is a highly customizable launcher replacement based on the AOSP 4.0.3 Launcher. Android 4.x (Ice Cream Sandwich) is required to run Apex Launcher.
- Custom number of homescreens and homescreen grid size
- Infinite & elastic scrolling (homescreen and drawer)
- Transition effects (homescreen and drawer)
- Customizable scrolling indicator (homescreen and drawer)
- Homescreen gestures (pinch, swipe up/down)
- Enable/Disable auto-rotation
- Enable/Disable wallpaper scrolling
- Show/Hide persistent search bar
- Show/Hide notification bar
- Show/Hide icon labels (homescreen and drawer)
- Lock/Unlock desktop
- All/Downloaded/Widgets tabs in drawer
- Drawer apps sorting (title, install date, mostly used)
- Add widgets from drawer (must install as system app) or system picker
- Resize any widget
- Backup/Restore settings and data
- Customizable dock (scrollable and gestures)
- Edit app icons and labels
- Hide apps in drawer
- Easier homescreen management (on preview screen)
- Enhanced folder support (unlimited icons etc.)
- More transition effects for homescreen and drawer
Download & Install
Please download the latest version here: ApexLauncher.apk
The apk file will be updated as new versions are released.
Install as system app (root required)
adb remount adb push ApexLauncher.apk /system/app
Or you may also move the APK file to the /system/app directory manually. To uninstall, please remove ApexLauncher.apk from /system/app manually.
The in-drawer widgets feature should work when Apex Launcher is installed as a system app. If it doesn’t, please reboot your device and try again.
Install as regular app (root not required)
adb install ApexLauncher.apk
Or you may also copy/download the apk file on your device and install it using Astro etc.
Note: Due to limitations of the Android framework, you won’t be able to add widgets from the app drawer if Apex Launcher is installed this way.
Apex Launcher Beta (Android 4.0+) 0.7 on Google Play
Download Apex Launcher Beta (Android 4.0+) 0.7