Current Version: 0.127
Requires Android: 2.1 and up
0.122: Added cloud storage support: Dropbox, SugarSync, and Box (Box.net).
0.122: Added Tar/Gzip and Tar/Bzip2 extraction and archive creation.
0.125: Improved cloud service performance.
0.125: Media streaming supported for all cloud services.
0.127: Minor bugfixes.
FX File Explorer is a file manager / media manager with networking and cloud capabilities. FX is designed to let you quickly and easily manage all content on your phone or tablet.
During beta, all features of FX File Explorer are free, including network, cloud, and root access. After the beta period ends, this version will become the “Lite” version. After the beta, FX will retain all local file management capabilities, including search, archival, the text editor, and file viewers. The network, cloud, and media features will be available as an add-on. The root features will be available as an add-on. The FX add-on modules will not be particularly expensive. You can also turn off paid features immediately in the settings if desired. No version of FX File Explorer will have ads.
ROOT ACCESS: Please download the FX root module from our web site if you are interested in testing it. The FX root module is free-to-use until the beta period ends.
* Multiple windows (quickly switch between different locations)
* Intuitive swipe-to-select gesture for managing multiple items (Slide finger horizontally across items to select/deselect them; see YouTube Video, web site documentation, or in-app help for more information)
* Icon and detail list views in file explorer windows
* Cut/Copy/Paste/Delete using clipboard
* Storage space usage analyzer (tap View->Details within any file explorer window)
* In-app documentation (tap Tools->Help within any window), also available on NextApp web site
File Viewers / Editors (all versions)
* Text File Viewer
* Text Editor
* Binary (Hex) Viewer (tap File->Open With->Binary Viewer within any file explorer window)
* Image Viewer
* Zip, Tar, GZip, and Bzip2 Archive Extractor / Creator (.zip, .tgz, .tar.gz, .tar.bz2)
Media Capabilities (full version)
* Browse image collections (camera roll(s), image-containing folders, all images on device)
* Browse video collections (camera roll(s), all videos on device)
* Browse audio by artist, album, playlist, or display all tracks
* Rearrange playlists with drag and drop (multiple files can be rearranged by selecting them)
Network / Cloud Capabilities (full version)
* Windows networking (SMB)
* SSH FTP
* Cloud Storage: Dropbox, SugarSync, and Box (Box.net)
* Steam video and audio media files from SMB, FTP, SSH, Dropbox, SugarSync, and Box to media player applications
* Browse local network for Windows (SMB) shares
* Find FTP and SSH FTP local network shares using multicast DNS (mDNS) service discovery (Bonjour/Zeroconf/Avahi)
* Encrypted keyring (used to avoid entering sensitive passwords in public while not allowing access in event of device theft)
Bluetooth Capabilities (full version)
* Send files via OBEX Push
* OBEX Push server for receiving files (optional, some devices natively provide this service)
* OBEX Push client and server can use WiFi for high-speed transfers when both are connected to same network.
* Bluetooth FTP Client
* Discover / pair devices from within FX File Explorer
* Streaming video playback: It is possible to play a large variety of formats with FX, but supporting formats other than 3GP/MP4 often requires one (or more) third-party video players to be installed on your device. A given third-party video player may deliver excellent performance on some devices and poor performance on others. If you experience issues with network streaming media playback, please first try transferring the media to the device and playing it locally to determine if the problem is related to network streaming. FX has been tested to work with a variety of formats and popular players; tested video file formats include 3GP, AVI, FLV, MKV, MP4, and WMV (many of these require third-party players).
* Bug reports: We greatly appreciate bug reports, feature requests, suggestions, and questions. Please send all requests regarding FX File Explorer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FX File Explorer 0.127 on Google Play
Download FX File Explorer 0.127