Current Version: 0.9.7.14
Requires Android: 2.3 and up
added more transitions (now you get cube,stack,tablet,rotate,zoomin and zoomout)
added transitions to workspace
added options to configure transitions
Get some ice cream sandwich on your Gingerbread enabled device
Phoenix Launcher is your choice in home screen replacements
if you want some look and feel of the new Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
running your device under the Gingerbread firmware or even Android 4.
- Choice between 3,5,7 or 9 workspaces
- Set your favorite workspace as default
- Enable/Disable wallpaper scroll
- Choice between 2 hardware home key actions (workspace overview and “snap to default workspace”)
- Show or hide the workspace indicator
- Enable or disable icon text backgrounds
- ability to change dockbar style up to 9 different styles
- Included all Android 4 image wallpapers
- Workspace Folder support
- Support for workspace shortcuts
- Scrollable widget support
- Supports workspace lock (makes scrollable widgets more stable by disabling long click)
- Editable dock apps
- Endless workspace scroll
- 9 animation transitions for both workspaces and app drawer
- Enabled for LDPI, MDPI, HDPI and XHDPI devices
THIS APPLICATION IS INTEND TO BE USED ON A ROOTED DEVICE.
If you have downloaded this application, open a root file explorer or the ADB shell
and move the app to /system/app BEFORE you start the launcher the first time! Otherwise
you cant use widgets shown in the Application drawer. Its required because of a general
permission in the Android operating system, this can never be fixed by me!
Make sure, your system partition is mounted in read/write mode when moving the app!
USING THE LAUNCHER ON NON ROOTED DEVICES
If you want to use the launcher on a non rooted device, you only can add widgets to
a workspace through the standard Android widget picker dialog. You cant add widgets
through the tab “WIDGETS” in the app drawer.
If you get Force Close errors the first time you start the launcher, try to set the
permission for /data/dalvik-cache to 777, this fixes the first time start error.
What’s coming up in the next releases?
- support for tablet devices
- support for landscape mode
- workspace and app drawer transitions
- theming through installed applications instead static themes
Phoenix Launcher 0.9.7.14 on Google Play
Download via Email:
Phoenix Launcher 0.9.7.14
Tutorials:HOW TO Install APK Files on Android Device?