Current Version: 126.96.36.199
Requires Android: 1.6 and up
Category: Media & Video
FIX ICS low profile during media playback
IMPROVED performance of navigation and image loading
IMPROVED media selection logic – more channels play and quality better matches settings
FIX some issues with subtitle support
FIX in Plex search capabilities
FIX numerous connection related problems
FIX an issue where quality settings above 8Mbps were ignored
FIX memory leaks
NEW Longpress takes you to details in most places
NEW configurable logging levels
FIX for many other field reported issues
Your media has never looked this good!
Welcome to Plex!
Plex in a nutshell is a media platform that runs on Macs, PCs and Linux that is capable of organizing your media so that it can be viewed by any Plex Client in a beautiful to see and easily navigable form. In addition to allowing you to view all of your music, photos and videos it allows you to get to online content from many of your favorite online providers from the comfort of your couch using just a remote control – no need to type all that “www” mumbo-jumbo… no need to sit through an entire newscast for the weather. This is the best of both worlds.
Plex currently supports over 200 Channels including CNET, YouTube, Vimeo, Revision3 and many other popular online sources. With Plex Media Server for Mac you can stream additional content from Aperture, iPhoto, and iTunes.
Plex for Android of course works WITH your Plex Media Server to offer up your music, video and photos on your mobile device! Plex Players are available for Windows, Mac, Samsung TVs, Roku, Android and more…
Here’s how to prep for your first Plex for Android run:
1. Setup your Plex Media Server – it’s a free download here: http://plexapp.com. This is absolutely required to run Plex for Android.
2. Test it out… make sure it works locally with either the Mac or Windows client player (aka Plex Media Center) running on the same machine.
3. Get Plex for Android – try first on your home network… and Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: So What is Plex?
A: Please see the ‘Welcome to Plex’ section below or visit us at http://plexapp.com.
Q: Where can I find the Plex Media Server and Player (Plex Media Center) software?
A: It’s available here – http://plexapp.com for details.
Q: How do I setup Plex for Remote Access?
A: Sign up for myPlex. Log into myPlex on the server side using the Media Manager. Log into myPlex from the clients. Within a few minutes you should see your servers from your clients – tap one to connect.
Q: It’s not working for me – can I get a refund?
A: Absolutely – we guarantee a refund for 30 days from your purchase. If for any reason you cannot get this up and going and missed the Google’s excessively short 15 minute window or you simply don’t like our app we’ll cancel your order for a full refund via email at email@example.com. Be sure to reference your google marketplace order number and please do let us know briefly why you’re canceling.
We have a very active and very helpful user community. Please check at http://forums.plexapp.com for general questions, tips and help and here for a more comprehensive FAQ: http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/Android_FAQ.
Follow plexapp on Twitter or Facebook for announcements and updates. Subscribe to darrin.plexapp.com for Plex for Android related news or elan.plexapp.com for general Plex news.
Caveats and Disclaimers:
* Plex streams video and audio which can consume lots of bandwidth – be sure you have a healthy data plan before you start using 3G and 4G connections to stream your movies.
* Plex for Android won’t be able to do anything unless you setup a server on your PC, Mac, Linux or NAS – which is available for free at http://www.plexapp.com .
• With the wide array of android devices that Plex for Android can be run upon (over 1200 as of this writing) we do expect to find some issues. Please check on our forums (http://forums.plexapp.com) for any problems you have.
• DRM-protected content (older iTunes Store audio or any iTunes Store video) is not supported.
• VIDEO_TS, ISO or IMG videos are not supported by Plex.
Plex for Android 188.8.131.52 on Google Play
Download via Email:
Plex for Android 184.108.40.206
Tutorials:HOW TO Install APK Files on Android Device?